Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LJJSpeaks Blog: 1% of Total Annual Beer Consumption Occurs on St. Patrick's Day... And that is good for business HOW?

What's Luck Got To Do With It? 

Blogpost by Lynne Jarman-Johnson

I was blessed by a leprechaun today.  How cool is that?  He showered me with luck and pointed me toward the end of a rainbow.  What does this have to do with work and productivity?  I’m starting the day with a bounce in my step, and most likely will share the motivation of a smile to others.  Some people feel the  mirth and merriment of Saint Patrick’s Day is not very productive for employers - unless you happen to own a local bar or restaurant featuring Irish Fare and Fun.  

According to beer industry research by IBISWorld, numbers show that around 1 percent of total annual beer consumption occurs on St. Patrick’s Day. That’s approximately four times more beer consumption than the daily average.*

While we all can call ourselves “Irish” for one fine green day, the question is why do we?
In Michigan our economy has dealt many of us a severe blow.  We are still asking if we’ve hit the bottom of a very downturned economic year.   The opportunity on this one day to dream of a Pot ‘O Gold, dance a jig with a stranger, and inject an overall feeling happiness and hope into our lives is something we all need and deserve.

On this day I extend the blessings to you.  I am proud to be married to an Irishman. And today I call myself one as well!  I’m not lucky - I’m Irish!

My blessing to you: 
May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that’s always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.

Blessings,

Lynne O’Jarman-Johnson

Posted via email from LJJ Speaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment